By default all projects are set under the versioning type SEMVER, however if your project needs a custom version type, you can easily set one from the project settings.
To get started:
- Navigate to the Projects page, and select any project.
- On the upper right side of the releases sidebar, select the gear icon for the Project Settings page.
- Under the General tab, select the dropdown under Versioning Type and set it to Custom.
- A dropdown will appear where you can enter your custom versioning type for all releases published from this project.
- Hit Save Changes, and you are all set!
Note: Versioning type is set on a project level, and not on an organization level. In the case that every project your company creates needs a unique versioning type, you will need to make this edit for each project.